Monday 14 January 2013

The Color Room - Palette #141

In our recent trip to the USA, we had planned to spend eight days with my youngest sister in Colorado to celebrate her significant birthday. We also packed lots of winter woolies in the hope of not only playing in snow but also seeing it fall. We live in Western Australia and snow only falls on the mountains well south of here on very rare occasions and then only lasts until the sun comes up. Although I have been to Colorado four times before, I have only ever seen the tiniest of flakes for the shortest of times. There has been snow on the ground, but not falling.
In an effort to find snow and more importantly, falling snow, we drove to Aspen, Breckenridge and Vale, also went to Pikes Peak and the top of the Continental Divide, all to no avail. The ski slopes were very bare! The winter woolies only came out twice in the whole trip.
This photo was taken at Bear Lake; an almost frozen lake, the first my husband and I have ever seen. My sister has several warm outfits but I think this ensemble suits her the best; cream fleece jumper, cream over coat and mottled cream gloves, hat and scarf; with her blonde hair, I thought she looked like a Snow Bunny!
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, kind regards


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout with a beautiful flowercluster!
    Have a wonderful week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the flower cluster and that gorgeous lace behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful page! love those flowers. hugs

    ReplyDelete