Friday 2 August 2013

Bird is the Word Challenge - Celebrate

I have written in a previous post about our five yearly professional photo shoot here and is a matching page to that layout. Today I am sharing another photo from the shoot we had taken in October 2001. The journaling is on the filigree tag behind the photo.
The stance of both of us speaks volumes. The wonderful man by my side is my protector, my strength, my friend and my love. I lean on him and he has held me and helped me through the very best of times and the very worst; he puts up with my OCD tendencies, supports me so I can do the things I need to do and encourages me to do the things I want to do. He has given me four of the most handsome boys in the world and helped them to become the wonderful young men, husbands and fathers they are. He gives willingly of his time to family, friends and the community and is empathetic and charitable.
In the last week of December this year we will have been a couple for 40 years and will have known each other for a further two years. I will never regret attending the Catholic Policeman's Picnic at the Benedictine Monastery in New Norcia with my uncle as a 14 year old; I knew that day that I had met the man I wanted to marry. I have never regretted a moment of the life we have had together and there is only one day in those 42 years I would change if I could.
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, best wishes. 


http://birdisthewordchallenge.blogspot.com.au/



5 comments:

  1. That photo is so romantic and so lovely, and your layout is truly beautiful too.. and thanks for joining in at BITW too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone wishes that one day could be changed but he is still in your heart... Big hugs.
    I love this page and it goes so perfectly with its double!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO LOVELY PAGE!!!THANKS FOR JOINING US AT BIRD IS THE WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh lovely page!!!Thanks for playing along with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story and a really beautiful, elegant page, I really like what you've done to celebrate your love.

    ReplyDelete