Friday 2 May 2014

A2Z Scraplets May Challenge - Mum

Another of my back to basics pages...
My niece Bel is on the A2Z Scraplets design team and has access to many of their wonderful chipboard stock which she uses to make extraordinary scrapbook pages. Bel has posed the challenge for this month and as it is May and she is soon to become a mother again she has chosen Mum as the challenge subject.
Regular visitors to this blog will know I have four sons; each of them are married and have families of their own. I often write about my sons and our grandchildren but I rarely write about their wives and Mums. Two of my DIL, the ones on either side of me in the photo are sisters, it made meeting the families are whole lot easier when I third son married his big brothers wife's sister... confusing isn't it! Three of the four call me by name but the fourth one, the youngest in white, calls me Mum. She lost her own Mum to cancer just a few months before her own daughter was born. Her mother asked me when she was dying to take care of her daughter and I was honoured by her request. We have grown close and I was fortunate to not only choose the veil she would wear on her wedding day but also be present when my granddaughter was born.
I had a difficult relationship with my own MIL and made a promise to myself and my wonderful sons that I would be a good, supportive, MIL and not interfere in their lives or treat any of their families any different. At the same time I will not allow anyone to hurt the ones that were first to call me 'Mum'.
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, best wishes.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for playing along!!
    I love this paper, and the fact that you chose your daughter in laws to scrap about!! Your a great person for all the girls to look up too but especially c as she lost her own mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. Thanks for entering A2z scraplets challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the simplicity of your layout..different to my work... ...thanks for playing along at A2Z Scraplets

    ReplyDelete