Saturday 12 July 2014

Scrap Around the World


My husband recently commented that I rarely scrap 'things' so I have completed this page with the challenge from him... to scrap a 'thing' instead of a person!
The quote used in this months Scrap Around the World mood board resonated with me; it was a mantra something like this that got me through the dark days; the colours are some of my favourites but the image of the dandelion seeds blowing in the wind is a lovely image so I decided to focus on that. I love this image I found on Google; a butterfly (in Irish mythology it represents the souls of the dead come to visit) and the dandelion, a beautiful combination of colour,  imagery and personal belief.
I know we used to pick dandelions as kids and make wishes... mine were probably for something like a horse or the latest fashion article or a little bit more money, but as we grow our wishes change. Although I rarely take the time to pick and blow a dandelion these days my wishes and prayers are for the good health and safety of our children, grandchildren, family and friends; if I can't have all of them safe and healthy I wish and pray for the strength to cope with whatever life brings... and a little bit more money! No matter how dark the background or how dark the days, our wishes and prayers are being carried on the wind.
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, best wishes.

8 comments:

  1. When you sent me the pic of your page I couldn't wait til you blogged it so I could read the story behind it and now your page makes a lot more sense!!
    The image is adorable and I love the softness of the page to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the design - simple and elegant! And the picture is perfect!
    Well played with our mood board!

    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple yet so elegant!! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! this is BEAUTIFUL.. That dandelion photo is really PRETTY.. Thank you for playing along over @ SATW this month.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simplistic beauty! You did this gorgeous photo proud! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and simple. It's gorgeous, I love it!
    Thank you for joining us at SATW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rose to the challenge splendidly Susan! Beautiful page!! Thanks so much for playing again at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Great mood and photos! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete