Saturday 6 April 2013

Once Upon a Sketch Challenge - April: The Best Day of your Life

Thirty five years ago, on the 8th of April 1978, I married the man of my dreams; tall, blonde (okay, light brown) hair, the most beautiful blue eyes and a really good frame that has changed very little over the years between. I could not believe I had met and then was lucky enough to marry my Prince Charming, the man I planned to spend the rest of my life with, the man that would be such a wonderful Dad to four of the most handsome young men, Pop to seven of the cutest little grandchildren and still stand beside me and tell me often how much he loves me.  I have written about him before in a previous post, You are My Inspiration.
He has enabled and encouraged me to live in the world, to become the person I am and despite all the ups and downs of our lives, still remain committed to that promise we made each other all those years ago. I have always thought myself the luckiest person in the world to be married to such a giving, caring man. The first best day of my life, the birth of each of our sons being the best days that followed.
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, best wishes.

8 comments:

  1. You haven't changed either and he is lucky to have you.
    Your such an inspiration to me in your marriage as you know the family history and I know I am as lucky as you are so I hope to follow in your footsteps and be married forever.
    Congratulations
    I love how you balanced out your clusters, the fine details of the pearls are elegant. I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful Susan, its made or the more special with your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Susan, you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page!Love the lace, photo and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story :-)
    I just love how you have picked flowers on your layout that match your wedding flowers. The detail work on this layout is fabolous, and the clean lines epmhasizes the clusterwork.

    Thank you for joining us at OUAS in April and sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special layout this is, so heartfelt. I love the colours you have used, the style and I am especially taken with your flower clusters - perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely page! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete